The Fremont County Library-Lander Teen Advisory Board is a group of teen volunteers that help the library plan and organize programs and events. They meet once a month at the library to discuss upcoming library programs as well as keep us up to date on what’s happening at school, what’s happening with teens and what they want to see happening at the library. To give you a better idea of what the TAB group does, here is a list of some programs and tasks the TAB members have either organized or helped organize in the last year:
- Volunteering at the annual Readers Run: keeping time, signing up participants, recording information, taking photos, setting up, cleaning up
- Decorating the library for Christmas (and eating cookies and drinking hot cocoa!)
- Helping the Children’s Department take photos and make photo books for the “Furry Friends Sleep over.”
- Helping staff select quality music and technology that suits teens needs/interests today
- Participating in the annual Homecoming Parade and decorating the CanTeen float
- Created a video for the Teen Video Challenge contest (Our TAB group won in 2013 and each member received $50 and a picture in the paper!)
If you have ideas about how to improve the teen department at the library, want to get involved in some extra curricular activities or are just curious about what the TAB group does and would like to come to a meeting call Kelly or Audie at 332-5194 ext 306 or email Audie at email@example.com. Our meetings are generally the first Thursday of each month at 5:30.
We look forward to meeting you!